Monday 24 July 2017

Marriage.


I overheard a conversation yesterday and I just could not help laughing what I heard. There was an old couple with their grandchild. I am not sure what the conversation was about as I was not really intending to listen to what they were saying. I did however hear the grandchild asking the old couple why they were married. They told her they had got married because they had fallen in love. 

"When was this?" asked the granddaughter. "It was about 40 years ago," replied the grandfather. The child made a comment about not going to bother getting married because she certainly did not want to be with her boyfriend as long as that, "An hour on a Saturday and Sunday is way long enough."

The grandmother looked over to me and smiled aware that I was trying hard not to laugh out loud. 

So what is marriage? 

Here is what some young people think.

"Marriage is when you get to keep your girl and don't have to give her back to her parents." - Eric, age 6
"If marriage is anything like spelling, I don't want it. It's too hard." Martin, age 7
"Hey, I'm just a child. It gives me a headache to think about things like marriage." William, age 5
"Marriage is a real good thing I think, but football is pretty good too."  - Ralph, 9
"Marriage is what happens when two people are in love, and they go out to eat, and they like talking to each other so much their food gets cold and they don't care." - Pamela, age 7
And when should you get married?
"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." - Bert, 5
"I'm not sure how old you need to be, but I think you have to start with being handsome. Just look at me. I'm handsome, but I'm not married yet." - Brian, 6
"I think 82 is the right age to get married. That way you can hold hands to keep each other from falling over, and nobody knows that's what you're doing." - Steven, 7
"I don't want to rush into marriage. It's hard enough just getting through the fourth grade." - Ashley, age 9
"One of you has to be old enough to write cheques, because when you get married there's lots of bills to pay." - Dillon, age 10
Have a great day and a fresh thought about marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment