Saturday 22 July 2017

Ageing can be fun.


It is good to be home and back in the fold of friends. I look forward to a Friday evening I spend an hour with my good friend Bert. I in fact lead him astray. 

He has lived in the village for over twenty years but was not in the habit of visiting the local Inn. Now on a Friday evening we go over for an hour or so for an ale and a chat. 

We enjoy the friendly banter and the joke telling. Last night it was me who was the brunt of the  teasing. While in France I had purchased a woven smock, very colourful I have to admit. I had looked at it hanging outside the shop for days before actually deciding that yes I would wear it. 

I faced a barrage of comments about my wife old curtains and had I made it out of an old carpet. All  in good  humour.

Getting older can sometimes mean finding more funny things in life. After all, "I've paid my dues!" "I've raised my kids." "I want to have fun." Ageing and getting older should be fun!

Ageing should include a fun sense of humour!

Let me explain what I mean.

As you get older, your secrets are safe with your friends. They can't remember them either. 
You can't stay young forever. But, you can be immature for your entire life.
I live in my own little world. But it's okay,  they know me here.
Forget health food. I'm at the age where I need all the preservatives I can get.
I would be unstoppable, if I could only get started.
"I am having amnesia, dementia, and deja vu, all at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before . . ."
Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

No comments:

Post a Comment