Sunday 30 July 2017

Through the eyes of innocence.


Life is full of beautiful memories and little incidents so often bring them flooding back. Last night my friend Bert and I had a few such moments as he once again found himself travelling down memory lane. Such memories usually bring a smile and frequently involve tales of moment shared with children.

I do not have any grandchildren but yet my memories are full of tales of other friends grandchildren.

A young grandson called  to wish his grandmother Happy Birthday. He asked her  how old she was, and was told him, 62. 

The grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?" 

Or the tale of the grandmother, talking with her granddaughter about her youth.

She was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. 

"We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tyre; it hung from a tree in our front garden. 

We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."

The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I had got to know you know you sooner!" 

I remember a time when a little girl visiting my manse was diligently pounding away on my PCW word processor, does anybody remember those?  She told me she was writing a story. 

"What's it about?" I asked. 

"I don't know," she replied. "I can't read." 

 A young lad not long started in his second year at primary school came home  and said to his grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today."

The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting." she said. "How do you make babies?" 

"It is simple," replied the lad. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'." 

Yes, it is all very simple this life through the eyes of a child. Do you not wish you could do the same some days. 

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment