Saturday 29 July 2017

Life is indeed a laugh.


I got a brand new loyalty card from a well known store. Along with the card came a new instruction booklet to let me see how it was now so much easier to use. They also informed me about there new online app and wow a brand new way of paying using my iPhone. 

Now I wondered if I was supposed to be amazed rather than a bit depressed that thy had not noticed I had been using one of their apps for a long time and had never had to produce my loyalty card  in ages. To be honest I do not even know where it is it is so long. 

Will I use this brand you all singing and dancing one, their view not mine? I doubt it I find using my phone so much easier and a lot more secure. 

Still I do notice you not longer have to sign the back of it. That is a step in the correct direction. it will mean I no longer have the following kind of encounter.

I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk noticed that I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. 

She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature on the credit card with the signature I just signed on the receipt. 

Yes, you have got it! I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared that signature to the one I signed on the receipt. 

As luck would have it, they matched.

This was very similar to another strange occurrence that happened to me recently.

When we arrived at the garage to pick up our car after it had had its MOT, I was  told that the keys had been accidentally locked in it, and I would have to wait until they had solved the problem. 

I looked over towards my car and saw the mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger's side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered it was open. 

"Hey," I announced to the him, "It's open!" 

"I know,"  answered the young man. "I already got that side.'

True events and the joys of life. I am willing to gamble, and I am not a gambler, that I am not the only one this has happened to. 

Have a laughter filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment