Friday 2 September 2016

The Marriage.



It seems that most who read my blog in the mornings do not mind the odd morning where the story is just a bit of humour to start the day. it certainly helped my day yesterday also. I was able to find the time to complete my pastel and put a mount on it and frame it up. I also managed to get some of the other pending tasks completed in preparation of my heading off for some more time in France. 

It really does feel a bit of a cheat clocking out and heading off to I hope warmer climes while workers are in my home tearing out the old bathroom and building a replacement. I feel guilty of not being around but they assure me it is the best thing to do allowing them to jus get on with it. 

So I was remembering the little story of yesterday about the bride in white and the groom in black.  I wondered how they're wedding worked out. Over the years I have conducted the weddings of a great many couples, many of whom I still see as happily married.

There was a couple, like many others, that approached the wedding day with some in-trepidation.

As the big day approached, they grew very apprehensive. Each had a problem they had never asked or shared with anybody, not even each other.

The Groom-to-be, overcoming his fear, decided to ask his father for some advice.  " Father," he said, "I am deeply concerned about the success of my marriage. I love Mary, very much, but you see, I have very smelly feet, and I am afraid that my future wife will be put off by them."

"No problem," said his father , "all you have to do is wash your feet as often as possible, and always wear socks, even when going to bed."

This seemed like a workable solution.

The bride to be, overcoming her fear, decided to take the problem to her mother. "Mother ," she said, "when I wake up in the morning my breath is truly awful."

"Darling," her mother consoled, "everyone has bad breath in the morning."

"No , you do not understand. My morning breath is so bad , I am afraid my new husband will not want to sleep in the same room with me."

Her mother thought for a moment and said, "Try this. In the the morning , get straight out of bed, head for the bathroom and brush your teeth. The key is, not to say a single word until you have brushed your teeth. Not a word, her mother emphasised.

She thought it was certainly worth a try. The loving couple were finally married in a delightful ceremony conducted especially for them. 

Not forgetting the advice they had both received, he with his perpetual socks, and she with her early morning silence, they managed quite well.

Then about six months into the marriage. Shortly before dawn, the husband woke up with a start to find that one of his socks had come off.

Fearful of the consequences, he frantically searched the bed. This of course , woke his wife and without asking she says, "What on earth are you doing?"

"Oh, no!" he gasped in shock, "You have swallowed my sock!"

Have a wonderful day and remember not to put your foot in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment