Sunday 17 July 2016

What I have learned.



One of the good things about getting older is the fact that you have learned a great deal over the years. Well, you would think you have at least learned somethings. I have to say that I have met some people who seem to negate this statement of fact. 

There are always those whom you can meet who no matter their age they have never learned to be kind or courteous and treat people with respect. There are always those who seem never to have learned that just because they have believed something for years it does not meet that it is a fact. It is possible to go through life believing that what you think is always right. 

I was thinking about this just this morning when I met just such a person. 

Thankfully there are some things I have learned as I have gone through life. here are just a few of them. 

1. Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. There can be a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness. I often worry when I stand before a canvas if I am suffering from a delusion. 
3. You should never confuse your career with your life. You are not the job you do the job is the thing you do to let you get on with life.
4. No matter what happens in life, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
5. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.And nobody cares if you have a silly laugh as long as you are laughing.
6. Never lick a steak knife.
7. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip
9. A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person.
 Have a good day and remember , "Every day is a school day."

No comments:

Post a Comment