Monday 25 July 2016

The path.


I walked some forest trails yesterday quietly getting myself ready for today. It is amazing the maze of paths there are in the forest I was walking. As I passed one path after another I found myself wondering where each one went. There are some I have ventured along but a great many yet to be explored. 

How do we ever know what is the right path? How do we know we are making the right decisions?

There is the tale of the master and his disciple.

A master was strolling through a field of wheat when a disciple came up to him and asked, “I can’t tell which is the true path. 
What’s the secret?”
“What does that ring on your right hand mean?” – asked the master.
“My father gave it to me before dying.”
“Well, give it to me.”
The disciple obeyed, and the master tossed the ring into the middle of the field of wheat.
“Now what?” – shouted the disciple.
“Now I have to stop doing everything I was doing to look for the ring! It’s important to me!”
“When you find it, remember this: You yourself answered the question you asked me. 
That is how you tell the true path: 
It is more important than all the rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment