Saturday 30 July 2016

Lessons from a Dog.


Yes I have used this painting before , it is a painting of my sons dog. But it seemed the only painting I could use this morning. . I was asked today by a friend if I still had my dog. My last dog was out running with me and for some silly reason I decided to cut my run short. He thought I was heading the usual way and crossed the road in front of a fast moving car. I have regretted that so often in the days between then and now. I would love to have another dog but that will not happen. 

I have written poems about my dog and may have shared it on here but not sure. 

But this morning I was thinking about dogs and also about being a teacher. I was thinking what if the dog was the teacher what would the lessons be. 

So here we go.

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them, and show you are happy to see them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride, or a walk. It is a good way of sharing.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face,
to be pure ecstasy.
 
When it’s in your best interest,practice obedience, but not in a subservient way.

 
Take naps and stretch before rising Run romp and play daily,. Do not take life too seriously
 
Thrive on attention and let people touch you. Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do. In other words keep your temper under control.

On warm days stop to lie on your back on the grass. On hot days drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree. Life is too short to always be about things make time to just be.

When you’re happy dance around and do not be afraid to show that you are.
 
No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout, run right back and make friends. Friends are too important to take umbrage at.
 
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk, and e at with gusto and enthusiasm, let people know you are enjoying being there.

Stop when you have had enough.

Be loyal, and never pretend to be something you’re not.
 
If what you want lies buried,dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day,be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
There is no harm whatsoever in being just like a dog. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment