Friday 1 July 2016

Exercise



 I still remember the days when I used to say if I ever feel like doing exercise I will lie down until the feeling wears off. Those days have long gone and I now exercise every day either cycling or walking and often both. Gone are the days of running and I do miss it so badly.

It would be so easy not to exercise in this blazing heat we are having in France where I am at present. I was thinking of this while out walking this morning. I began thinking abut all the reasons there are for avoiding exercise.

Here are a few.

It is well documented that for every minute that you exercise, you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at an enormous cost  per month.

My friend started walking five miles a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 years old and we don't know where the hell she is.

The only good reason to take up exercising is so that you could hear heavy breathing again.

I joined a health club last year, spent about £400. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

And last but not least: I don't exercise because it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

  1. Have a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment