Friday 22 February 2019

The inflatable boy.



I was asked when I was going to be a bit lighter than I have been for the past few blogs. I suspect devoting time on the writing of my book has taken the edge off humour. Most of my walking time is in the next chapter.

I had reason to pop into the village store the other day to purchase a box of drawing pins which brought to mind the tale of the inflatable boy.

There once lived a little inflatable boy in an inflatable house. He lived with his inflatable parents. Each day he attended the inflatable school run by an inflatable headmaster. He enjoyed attending school, so it was with some surprise that he was called to the inflatable head teachers room one morning.

He stood before the inflatable head and wondered what was wrong. The head said to him, “It has come to my notice that you might be breaking one of the school rules.”  “What?” asked the young inflatable boy.

“Is it the case that you have a pin in your pocket?” asked the inflatable head.

“I have,” said the inflatable boy.

“Well you have let me down, and the school and your parents.”

I will leave you to dwell on that and I hope it brings a little smile to your day.  

An act of kindness or a word of encouragement can go a long way to inflating a persons' feeling of goodwill and well being.

On the other hand how easy it is to burst that bubble, just a short complaining word or action.

have a good day and beware of stray pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment