Monday 4 February 2019

A dear friend Jim


I have been writing this blog for a long time now this one is well over a thousand. In all of that time, one of my most consistent readers and commentators has been Jim Hannah. Jim hailed from the same place as I did but has remained there while I had moved on.

Jim knew my brother a bit more than he knew me they were nearer the same age. I knew his mother and father his mother being one of the customers who came into the butcher shop where I worked before leaving to become a minister.  She is fondly remembered by me because she like Jim was a caring kind person with a cheerful smile and always ready with a tale or to have a laugh.

SO although I did not know Jim in my youth and he stayed in Rosyth I began to get to know him when he began reading my daily blog. He told me he began his day reading it. Very quickly I looked for his comment and his funny quip each morning and we would spend the start of the day with a little chat.

He soon became known to some of the many who read my blog and they too became friends and I know that Jim brightened the lives of many from all corners of the world. 

Everybody who spoke of Jim spoke of him as a kind caring gentleman and that is how he will always be remembered by me. He will be missed by his sister and many many others. 

It became obvious that he was not doing so well when all of a sudden we missed his little messages. I messaged him to discover he was in the hospital. it is with great sadness that I heard of his passing.

He will always be fondly remembered by a great many of us. He has made his sojourn and I know that he had a very strong belief that he would one day be united with the parents he loved and missed. For Jim, all suffering and weakness are at an end and his struggles of late are now over. 

I am sure I speak for a great many when I say that Jim has gone but will forever be here with us. I will continue to blog and others will continue to read and we will still see Jim making his friendly cheerful start to our day.

I added the poppy to this blog because Jim always told me how much the poppy meant to him and how much he loved it as a flower. 

I will never go out the door for a walk without hearing Jim on a cold day saying to me, "Make sure you are well wrapped up for your dander today."

Farewell, our dear friend peace is yours. From all of us to all of his you are in our thoughts at this time. So this one is for you Jim, your poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment