Monday 19 February 2018

The great news we have been waiting for




I saw this picture of a badger and just could not resist painting it. Before anybody makes any comment I am well aware that snowdrops and poppies never flower at the same time but in my head and in my world that is not a problem.

The world is changing anyway we are told day after day by politicians that we have to stop worrying about the planet or the environment. There is no problem all this talk about what is happening is nothing but fake news. All will be well.

Of course, I was not believing a word of it but then I read this piece of marvellous research.

The quest for a perfect energy source has now been discovered by students at a world-renowned university. It is called "Leaf,2.3." 

It could soon replace all the leaves in existence and do a better job at cleaning our air. It works the same way as a regular leaf, by taking in carbon and releasing oxygen. It can also be used to charge your phone and boost your WiFi.

"Nature really didn't know how to make anything," says Clark McDunglebuns PhD., Professor of Leaf-Sciences. 
"What we have here is a leaf that doesn't need any of that rubbish from nature, and if we don't need nature, then all of these trees are now completely obsolete. 
Deforestation will not be an issue anymore. Companies and corporations all across the world can go out to the Amazon, the Congo, and all those other little countries like Thailand and Singapore; they can strip-mine the heck out of them and all we have to do is make this Bionic Leaf!
Professor McDunglebuns and his team of mostly legal students have been working on their "Robo-Leaf" for the better part of four years. However, this does not mean that they have not had any opposition. A branch of Green Peace called Remember Da Timber has had a growing dislike for this grass-roots effort. Their ire first sprouted when the research team announced they would not make bark or flowers.
To be sure, the future is here, and it is out with the old and in with the new.
What a big relief to read this. I can now go out for my daily walk and no longer will my heart be breaking when I see all the plastic bottles littering the side of the trails. I can relax and know that all is going to be fine. 
The little badgers in the woodland a mile from my home will no longer need me to leave food for them. Rejoice all is well. Do not believe in the fake news.
Now if you believe all of this I wish you a joyful life. Sadly this is the fake news and the reality is that my daily walk brings much pain to my heart as I see what we are doing to creation. 
I started by saying that I was aware that these two flowers never bloom together but in my world they do. Sadly it is not as simple as my magic paintbrushes. I cannot clean up the world we all need to be involved each playing out little part. This is the real news.
Will you join me and give me a hand. Every plastic bottle lifted every bit of litter lifted is a very small part but if we all did it maybe the minority of thoughtless people will get the message. 
My apologies for this rant but my heart genuinely weeps every day when I see what is happening.
Have a great day my friends and enjoy this world of beauty before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment