Tuesday 27 February 2018

Blog 700 go on have a laugh.


Oh Dear, what has been going on in the wee bird household?

Blog number 700 in this series of blogs a bit of a milestone and thanks to those who have stuck with me and made comments and given support. More importantly, take the time to read.

Going to keep this very brief and simple and to the point unusual for me being one of those people who will never say anything in one sentence if I can find six that would say the same thing. 

More than one person asked me yesterday why I was the kind of person who smiled rather than laughed. Now not what you would expect but I do know the answer to that question. It does make a point worthy of making so I will take just a few moments to give you the answer.

I was never one who just laughed at anything, I know a few who do but I was not one such. I was a shy introvert type of person, a bit like I still am. But when I did laugh I laughed with all of my being from the soles of my feet, I gave it my all.

Not only did I give it my all I thoroughly enjoyed laughter when it came. Not being a person prone to showing emotions and shrugging at the thought of a cuddle except maybe from my gran, I felt good when laughter came.

Now here was the rub. When I laughed I laughed with a gusto of noise. 

I left school and took up a job. I worked with a certain person whose name I can still remember and the look on his face when he nicknamed me, He Haw.

I will never ever forget that day. I was embarrassed to my very core. I do not think I ever laughed again at that place of work, and for certain never did in his company. Even when I found something very amusing I restrained myself from laughter. Even to this day, I remember that event and moment and so seldom laugh even though I oft times feel like doing just that.

I learned a much more important lesson that day. I vowed that I would never ever make fun of a persons' laughter. Likewise, I would never ever mock a persons' singing voice. I now and again have a little friendly banter with my very good friend and my wife who have the ability to hardly if ever hit a correct note, but I still encourage them to song.

These two things, singing and laughing should be forever encouraged because they can lift the hearts and fill sad corners with the sound of joy. 

While the average child laughs 150 times a day, say researchers at the University of Michigan, the average adult laughs only 15 times.

Will you please just for today go one step further than a smile and have a laugh for me or even at me. Would be nice to think that on the day of this 700th blog we could have 700 laughs.

Have a marvellous day.


No comments:

Post a Comment