Thursday 7 January 2016

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW.

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW


  

"Love on The Rocks."



I hinted yesterday that I was in a bit of pain. I had a very silly accident while away in my motorhome. I was leaving my motorhome to go over and enjoy an evening meal with my friends in their van. It was very dark and I was not paying attention. The end result was I tripped over one of the guy ropes of the awning of my motorhome. I am sure I have broken at least one rib if not more and very very badly bruised my arm.  There is one thing that being in pain does, it make s you very aware of the day and each moment of it. I foolishly find myself wishing for the day that lies ahead when the pain has gone and life is back to normal.

I say foolishly because I cannot do anything about bringing that day any closer.

In Fact:

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry.


Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,Its faults and blunders, Its aches and pains.


Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.All the money in the world, and all the wishing cannot bring back yesterday.

We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word we said. We cannot undo a single silly thing we did. 

Yesterday is gone.



The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.

With its possible adversities, Its burdens, Its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow's Sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. I may see it or I may not. But it will rise.

Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This just leaves only one day . . . Today.

Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternity's - yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.  It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.


Let us therefore live but one day at a time, and make the very best of it that we can.

Todays little painting was painted using acrylic paint on a box canvas. Like yesterdays painting this one has never been hung anywhere for sale, it still lies in my collection of unshorn art.  One or two of my friends who have seen have said they do not like it , though I do have one friend who has asked if they could have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment