Friday 8 January 2016

A Mountain Story


A Mountain Stor
An Atmospheric Abstract.

One of the hardest things I have ever had to come to terms with is the realisation that I will never again be able to put on my mountain running shoes and head for the summit of a mountain in the early morning light. 
When I am out walking and a runner passes me that same longing wells up inside me.
It is very difficult to accept that something that was very much apart of your life is now over. I always smile when watching the contestants introduce themselves on any of the many quiz shows I enjoy watching. Hello, "I am Robert I am a student." Hello I am Margaret, "I am a day carer." Hello I am James, " I am a retired teacher."
I want to scream at James, "No James you are just a retired person. You now have a new life what are you going to make of it?"
So I am not an ex mountain runner, I am a walker. I am not an ex teacher, I am trying to become an artist. I am not an retired minister , my preaching days are over. 
Let me explain this with a little story.
A son and his father were walking on the mountains.
Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams: “AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”

To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain: “AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”

Curious, he yells: “Who are you?”
He receives the answer: “Who are you?”

And then he screams to the mountain: “I admire you!”
The voice answers: “I admire you!”

Angered at the response, he screams: “Coward!”
He receives the answer: “Coward!”

He looks to his father and asks: “What’s going on?”
The father smiles and says: “My son, pay attention.”

The father  screams: “You are a champion!”
The voice answers: “You are a champion!”

The boy is surprised, but does not understand.

Then the father explains: “People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE.
It gives you back everything you say or do.
Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.
If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence.
This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life;
Life will give you back everything you have given to it.”

YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT’S A REFLECTION OF YOU!”
So, I am retired nothing and have no intention of being retired until they carry me out. I will continually build something new and I will begin each morning.
Todays painting is a very recent one. It is an acrylic painting on a box canvas. It is a kind of reflective painting. Reflecting some of y inner thoughts and the wonders of the world in which we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment