Monday 29 August 2016

It is an age thing.


My friend and I were laughing at each other last night. While sharing some time together and reflecting on the day we both said almost at the same time.

"I am knackered."

Now for those who might not know this saying let me translate. It means simply I have had a hectic day and I am feeling the strain of it.  

We both agreed that raging is not so wonderful. Yesterday I did a fairly long walk adding a few stretches of running into it. On getting home I thought I was in for a fairly easy afternoon. 

But my son had other ideas. He had booked us both on to the golf course and we played some golf. In the past I would have done this without even thinking about it this morning I know I have done it. 

Yesterday I heard on the news that a recent survey had discovered that senior citizens, those over 65, were not doing enough exercise. 

I was giving some thought to that. I found myself wondering why nature had not made us in such a way that we just wanted to stay as fit as possible without having to be persuaded. I discovered it had. 

Here is the bit of the creation story you never hear of. 

In the creation story each day of creation ends with the words, 
And God looked down and saw that it was good.

So hear are the bits you never hear.

In His wisdom God decreed that seniors become forgetful so they would have to search for their glasses, keys and other things thus doing more walking.

And God looked down and saw that it was good
Then God saw there was another need. In His wisdom He made seniors lose coordination so they would drop things requiring them to bend, reach & stretch.
And God looked down and saw that it was good.
Then God considered the function of bladders and decided seniors would have additional calls of nature requiring more trips to the bathroom, thus providing more exercise.
God looked down and saw that it was good.
So if you find as you age that you are getting up and down more, remember it's the way of nature. 
It is all in your best interest even though you mutter under your breath.

Have a good day I have to go and find out where I left my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment