Wednesday 17 August 2016

A little Bird.


At the going down of the sun.

Yesterday the sun was shining so I opened the door of my painting space to let it shine in. The bright light inspired me to use bright colours. I was feeling pleased with the way the paint and I seemed to be singing on the same page. 

While out walking earlier I had noticed one solitary poppy growing at the side of the track. The thought of that solitary poppy filled my mind and strangely filled my painting. 

I asked my wife what she thought of it because it is at the stage of nearing completion. He honest opinion was that it was terrible and she did not like it at all. Neither did the friend who on passing stopped to speak with me. 

Maybe I should have just stayed quiet and asked nobody. That way my enjoyment might have lasted longer. I am not sure now if I want to go and finish it.

This reminded me of the tale of the little bird.

A little bird had left it late to begin making its journey south to avoid the cold winter months. It was so very cold when it soared into the sky. The cold got to its muscles and the poor little bird fell to the ground in a large field.

While it was lying there dying with cold, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of dung, he began to feel warmer and better. The dung was thawing him out!

He lay there all warm and feeling happy and soon he began to sing with joy. He was alive again. 

A passing cat heard the sound of birdsong and came along to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird in the dung heap. As is the way with cats it dug it out, and ate the little bird. The cat left feeling very good. 

It is good to remember that not everybody that shits on you is your enemy.

Not everybody who helps you out of the shit is your friend. 

When you are in the shit, it is best to keep your mouth shut.

Now will I or will I not finish this painting or is it a white over job. Maybe it is time to say nothing and consider for a bit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment