Wednesday 3 August 2016

Can I have a loan.


Do you ever get frustrated when you just want to do something very simple and there are so many restrictions on letting you do it. For example changing your mobile phone contract all the rules that are in place are all for the benefit of the company not the customer. 

Or there are all those adverts about cheap broadband, but only if you are a new customer. Loyalty gets no reward in fact you get penalised for being loyal.

I remember going into a shop to purchase something. The person serving me was about to put my purchase in a large plastic bag. I said I did not want the bag. This was before the days of being charged for plastic bags. I was told I had to have the bag. I decided I would not have it but was told that I could not make the purchase without it. I left the shop without the item and never returned to the shop. 

Yes, I can be an awkward person.

Reminds me of the true story of the man who went into a bank.

An old man went into the bank and asked for a loan of £500 . The bank employee started filling out the papers.
"What are you going to do with this money?" he asked.
"I have made some jewellery and I want to hire a stall for a week to sell it, " he said.
"What do you have for the security of the loan?"
"I don’t know, what is a security?"  at asked the old man.
"Well, security – is something that has value and can cover the cost of the loan. Do you have a car?"
 "Yes I have an old 1949 car."
"No, it won’t suit,'  said the bank clerk.  "Maybe you have livestock?"
" Yes, I have a horse."
"How old is it?"
" I don’t know because it doesn’t have teeth anymore to tell."
In the end after much discussion the papers for the loan were filled and the man was given £500.
Two weeks  later the man came to the bank again with a package of money. He counted the ones belonging to the bank and pocketed the other ones.
"What are you going to do with the other money?" the same clerk asked.
"I will keep it in my house under the mattress ," the man answered.
"You can make a deposit in our bank."
"I don’t know, what’s a deposit?" the man said.
Well, you give the money to the bank, the bank takes care of it, and when you need money, you can take it.
The old man thought about it and asked:
"Does the bank have something to give me in security for the money?"
Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment