Tuesday 8 May 2018

To be able to express oneself.


Poppies for a Friend.

Creativity is a strange thing and any creative person will know exactly what I mean when I say that. There are times when the juices flow and one can paint or write with ease.

Then there are other times when the head seems empty of all thought and writing an email seems as difficult as producing a poem of a piece of writing. it is at such times that any expression at all seems futile. There is nothing left to paint every worthy of painting has been done before. There is nothing worthy of writing what needs to be said has all been said. There is nothing to sing about because all the good music has already been written.

Yet there is in every one of us an need and an impulse to creativity. Cave people painted on walls, most peoples homes have some images on the walls Ancient scribes and sages wrote of their experiences, people still keep and write diaries. The early Shaman sang, we still live with music. We just cannot abandon the creative expression in our daily lives. Yet how difficult it seems to come up with anything new and of worth.

It is at times such as this that we can go deep within, and the miseries of inadequacies can fill our lives.

But then a friend says something, a word that inspires and there is a click somewhere within and the picture paints a thousand word and the words a picture paints. So it was for the painting above. Jim, my friend said, "I like pansies."

In his own quiet way, my friend became a part of my creativity. Another friend says something else and the heart beats with new ideas. 

So never anybody say that they are not creative because each and every one of us is part of the creative process. 

So just a word of thanks to all who play a part and keep my flighty mind at work. I hope you enjoy my little attempt and Jim's favourite flowers and of course, I hope he enjoys them also.

Have a creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment