Wednesday 16 May 2018

I want it!


I was asked yesterday as I walked home from the local store, deadheading some of the flowers in the tubs and pots in the village as I went, "What are you so happy about?"

The answer was fairly simple, "I do not know I am just feeling like whistling a happy tune."

I am not sure what he meant by the question and maybe I should not study it too deeply. Was he asking me what it was I had that he did not have that was making me feel happy or was it more simple than that?

Earlier in the day, I had been listening to the Rolling Stones. I had heard an interview about their latest tour about to begin this weekend in Ireland.

Mick Jagger was telling the interviewer that all of the band just loved what they were doing. When they were on stage they felt happy. He told the story of the first ever interview he had at the age of seventeen. he was asked then what it felt like to be on stage. Now here he was over sixty years later still being asked the same question. Such is life. There can be nothing better than just being happy.

He then went on to say that in this tour he was going to reclaim a ballad he had written. When asked to explain. he said that even though Mr Trump had not liked the rolling stones and had frequently castigated them he had during his campaign played at all the rallies one of the songs he had written.

"Why did he not stop Mr Trump doing so?" He laughed. "Well you see I was getting the last laugh. Mr Trump obviously did not know that the song was all about drugs in Chelsea. " The last laugh was on him he thought.

The song? You cant always get what you want. 

Yet it seems that if we do not always get what we want there is no reason to be happy singing and whistling.

Like the man who was always signing at work. his boss could not understand why. One of his foremen told him it was because he was not in the 99 club. The boss wondered what this was.

He was told that the man did not live his life always looking for that elusive one thing that would make him happy. he was happy as he was.

You cant always have what you want. This man had obviously found that you can have what you need.

Have a marvellous day.


No comments:

Post a Comment