Thursday 25 April 2019

Coffee and chips.


I met a man on the golf course yesterday on three different occasions.  Each time we passed he stopped and spoke. The first time he complained about the wind and how he was not managing to hit his ball as far as he normally would.

The second time we met he complained about how cold it was. He just could not get heat in his hands at all and so was not playing a good round.

The thirds time we met he complained about how dry and hard the ground was after all the dry weather we have had. It is almost impossible to predict the roll of the ball.

At this point, I bit my tongue because I almost said why do you not just give up a go and sit in the clubhouse and have a nice warming bowl of chips and a warm cup of coffee. I am sure he would not have appreciated my comments at all. Probably the coffee would be too bitter.

There was once a man lived in a village. Everybody in the village avoided him because all he ever did was complain about how bad everything was.

Then all of a sudden the whispering around the village changed. People began to say that something had happened he was telling funny stories and making people laugh.

Somebody decided to go and speak with him and ask why the change?  He did just that.

The man said, "I have been chasing happiness for almost eighty years and never found it. The other week there I decided to stop looking and just take life as it comes. Would you believe I have never been happier in my life."

There are some people who it seems are born to be complainers and those who take life as it is and are happier for it.

How good it was to meet a friend at the car park who said, "Was that wind when it was at our back not marvellous how far the ball travelled. The dry ground also took the ball further. Now I am going to get a warm cup of coffee and I might even get a bowl of chips."

Have a marvellous day.



No comments:

Post a Comment