Wednesday 11 April 2018

Somebody is in trouble.

Somebody is in Trouble

Have you ever had a day where everything you did went wrong? I have had those days frequently and so often it is my own fault that I end up in trouble. 

Yesterday I had a day when everything went just perfect in spite of it being a very cold wet and windy day not the ideal for a long drive. But things went well. I even managed to fit in a nice seven mile walk around the edge of Coniston Water before finishing the packing and heading up the road home. Now maybe in that lies the answer. I was out walking well out of the way while my wife packed stuff away in the van. When I returned back all that was left were the things that only I ever do, Packing away routers and gadgets sorting the electric in the van and such. Also the jobs my wife does not like doing so never moans at how I do them. 

Maybe a lesson learned?

But I do have an inordinate knack for getting myself into trouble. Those who know me well are very well aware of this. 

Getting into trouble puts me in good company.

Somerset Maugham, the English writer, once wrote a story about a janitor at St Peter's Church in London. One day a young vicar discovered that the janitor was illiterate and fired him. 

Jobless, the man invested his meagre savings in a tiny tobacco shop, where he prospered, bought another, expanded, and ended up with a chain of tobacco stores worth several hundred thousand dollars. One day the man's banker said, "You've done well for an illiterate, but where would you be if you could read and write?" "Well," replied the man, "I'd be janitor of St. Peter's Church in Neville Square." 

Another who had a knack of getting into trouble was the photographer for a national magazine. He was assigned to get photos of a great forest fire. 

Smoke at the scene hampered him and he asked his home office to hire a plane. Arrangements were made and he was told to go at once to a nearby airport, where the plane would be waiting. When he arrived at the airport, a plane was warming up near the runway. He jumped in with his equipment and yelled, "Let's go! Let's go!" 

The pilot swung the plane into the wind and they soon were in the air.
  
"Fly over the north side of the fire," yelled the photographer, "and make three or four low level passes."  
"Why?" asked the pilot.  
"Because I'm going to take pictures," cried the photographer. "I'm a photographer and photographers take pictures!"
  
After a pause, the pilot said, "You mean you're not the instructor?" 

 The bottom line for me and probably others reading this is if I could kick the person responsible for most of my troubles in the backside, I wouldn't be able to sit down for two weeks. 

Have a trouble free and happy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment