Friday 6 April 2018

Events and how they turn.


My son watched me finish off this painting of koi. He was honest enough to say that in his opinion it was not one of my better paintings. When I had finished telling him that it was a very good painting to hang in certain parts of a room because it was the kind of painting that encouraged good Feng Shui he was still not in the least impressed.

He is probably correct, but I am also probably correct that there is always more to things than we are at first aware of. It never fails to amaze me how the painting of any animal life brings from me another view of life. I never paint wildlife of any kind without a feeling of caring and love coming to my mind. 

It was so with this painting also. So maybe this was what I meant when I tried to explain that it brought good Feng Shui.

There is always more to situations than we first notice. Yesterday I walked along the side of Coniston water in all its beauty, but it was here that Malcolm Campbell the man who was determined to break the speed record of a boat on this very water. Thoughts of that day always pass through my mind as I reach the point where his machine took to the air flipped over and killed him.

As I walked I sensed that those walking with me were each in their own way seeing this view and perspective in a different way.

Things are not always as they seem.

On a lighter note we passed a field where a farm and his dog were at work gently herding sheep towards the gate to the field. 

I was reminded of the story of the person who saw this for the very first time being amazed by the clever animal. On each whistle the dog would turn or lie down stand or gently move forward. The lady watching said to the farmer, "That is amazing, what do you call the dog?"

The farmer looked at her and then over to his wife who stood nearby. He said to the woman, "You know that flower that is often red and has thorns on its stem?" "Yes she said," thinking the dog was going to be called Rose. She told him it was a Rose. He turned to his wife and said, "Rose, what is it that we call the dog?"

Another funny tale makes the same point. A man and wife were standing in a long line awaiting their time to get their boarding pass for the cruise they were about to go on. The man turned to his wife and said he had wished he had brought the piano. She looked at him amazed and reminded him they already had four cases each. She could not understand why he would also want to bring the piano. 

He turned back to her and said, "That is all very well but the tickets are on the piano."

Have a wonderful day and enjoy that things are never as bad as they may seem. Yes I know they might be worse. 

Life can be so full of surprises and happy events and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment