Saturday 3 March 2018

Four Seasons of Age.



I have tried so hard to catch the atmosphere may be too hard?

I have been so glad these last few days that the weather we are having has been unable to keep me indoors. There have been moments I have been aware of the dangers of such weather but the beauty and the atmosphere have made it all worthwhile.

I have told those who follow this blog before that I was told three years ago that I urgently needed a new valve fitted in my heart. I had a terrible time of concern when told this yet this morning I moved mountains of snow to clear my pathways, I walked for over two hours in freezing wind and snow and captured some beautiful moments. I am beginning to wonder if the Chi within is working some kind of little miracle because I have never felt such an at-oneness with the world around me. 

Maybe as I have questioned before it is an age thing? A silly old man who has stopped seeing or feeling the negatives of age. Whatever it is I hope I am managing to share it with you. The painting above I worked hard on, maybe too hard. maybe I should have stuck with the photograph?

Maybe I am in the seventh age. have I shared with you before the seven ages of man? I cannot remember but here they are.

Seven Ages of Man 
6 weeks--all systems go 
6 years--all systems "No!" 
16 years--all systems know 
26 years--all systems glow 
36 years--all systems owe 
56 years--all systems status quo 
76 years--all systems slow    


Or another way. The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills, wills. 

One of my favourite pieces of music the inspiration of many paintings and thoughts, The Four Seasons.

I am the Spring

All seems well all seems fine
Days and dreams and times pretending
When threepence was big spending
Every day felt like life beginning. 

I am the summer

Days are warm and the light lasts longer
Holidays and the need to wander
When girls began to be a mystery
And old age was anything past thirty.

I am the autumn.

Changes come in many ways
And the years behind have flown so quickly
Love has become more than a feeling
Building toys and helping wheelies
The first time the wind feels cold and bitter.

I am the winter.

When the chill of days feel chilling
When you drive instead of walking
When it gets harder to hear when others are talking
And the long goodbyes come round more often.


Memories are cherished and the season starts to roll into one.
Friendships become deep cherished things that mean much more
Than ever they could before.

A conversation overheard. I hear it is your birthday Tam may I ask what year? Every year replies Tam.

Age is indeed a wonderful thing enjoy the day come what may and cherish those around this and every day. Have a marvellous day. Forgive this old coffin dodger his emotions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment