Monday 26 March 2018

A cup of tea.


There are some people in life who never seem to learn from the lessons of life. Sadly I am one such person.

I awoke yesterday to a lovely sunny spring morning and just could not resist tidying up my back garden and my fruit plot. So before getting washed and ready for the day, I did just that. Then having got ready I ventured forth to enjoy the sun and the day. 

Yes, you got it correct, I walked far too far and arrived home exhausted and my ankle not back to being pushed each day was complaining. 

I rejoiced in the thought that the Christmas gift that keeps on giving, my subscription to the Berlin Philarmonic had a live concert on.

I made ready to sit back relax and enjoy. A nice cup of tea and a little tea ceremony the order of the day. 

As I relaxed and prepared for the concert I went through my little tea ritual. Amazing how that little cup and teapot can speak such wise words. I clearly heard it saying, "Stop being a fool and take life easier until you are back to full strength."

This reminded me of another lovely tale about tea and the sage. 

A group of elderly, cultured gentlemen met often to exchange wisdom and drink tea. 

Each host tried to find the finest and most costly varieties, to create exotic blends that would arouse the admiration of the guests. 

When the turn most venerable and respected sage of the group entertained, he served his tea with unprecedented ceremony, measuring the leaves from a simple box. 

The assembled epicures praised this exquisite tea. 

The host smiled and said, "The tea you have found so delightful is the same tea our peasants drink. I hope it will be a reminder to all that the good things in life are not necessarily the rarest or the most costly. 

it is in the simple that we can find the exquisite, in every day that we meet the words of the wise. Have a marvellous day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment