Tuesday 20 March 2018

Excuses.


A friends dogs.

As a teacher, I was never amazed to hear some of the wonderful excuses that students could concoct from seemingly nowhere to justify their failure to accomplish a task or to submit homework tasks. of course, the most obvious one that recurred frequently was the old chestnut, "My dog ate my homework." There must have been a great many pretty disturbed dogs lived in the area. 

I was sitting yesterday, wishing I was doing something other than just sitting, and I was thinking about the most used such excuses. 

1. I forgot.
2. No one told me to go ahead. 
3. I didn't think it was that important.
4. Wait until the boss comes back and ask him. 
5. I didn't know you were in a hurry for it. 
6. That's the way we've always done it. 
7. That's not in my department. 
8. How was I to know this was different? 
9. I'm waiting for an O.K. 
10. That's his job, not mine.

But of course, you will probably know even better ones than those!.

Then there were the excuses put forward not by the student but by the parent on behalf of the student.  I am aware that some of those would never have had the deft touch of a parent but were fairly poor attempts at forged excuses, some of them are so obviously so I wondered why they even bothered to try.

1. Dear school: Please ackuse John for bring absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33. I wonder how long the parent had been living in a 33-day January with such poor spelling.

2. Chris has an acre in his side. Now that could well be very painful.

3. Mary could not come to school because she is bothered by very close veins.

4. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken off his face.
5. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because I didn't know what size she wears. 

6. Please excuse Gloria. She has been sick and under the doctor.  I felt for that poor doctor.

7. My son is under the doctors care and should not take P.E. Please execute him.

8. Lillie was absent from school yesterday as she had a groing over. 

9. Please excuse Ray Friday. He has lose vowels. 

10. Please excuse Joyce from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday she fell out of a tree and misplaced her hip.

11. Please excuse Blanche from jim today. She is administrating. 

12. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in his growing part.

13. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent the weekend with the Marines. 

14. Please excuse Dianne from Being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps. 

15. Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault. I somehow thought that took two people but thee you are.

Have a smile and a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment