Wednesday 24 April 2019

Chasing moons.


I am at last going to take some time off and play some golf hopefully it will not be too windy which would just be my fortune having allowed myself to get too busy in the first place.

I will play on my own today so I will have time to consider the shots I play and to reflect for a few hours on life. I already know as I write that last sentence that I will probably allow my mind to wander back to the next chapter that has to be written for my latest book.

At least I have made the effort to find some time to myself. What brought this about?

Let me share this tale to help.

There once lived in China a very clever man. His name was Huojia. The trouble with him was that as clever as he was he never really took time to stop and notice the wonders of the world.

One day having worked hard all day he realised he needed to go to the well to gather some water. As he approached the well, bucket in hand he looked down into the water. What he saw was the moon shining brightly down at the bottom of the well. "Oh my goodness what a really sad pity this is. I need to find a way to rescue the moon and set it free."

He ran home and got a large fish hook from his shed. When he arrived back at the well he took the rope from his bucket and attached the hook, his aim was to fish the moon out of the well.

After many attempts, all failing miserably he felt something had caught on his hook. At last, he thought and began to pull in an attempt to free the moon. he pulled and he pulled. Then giving one great effort he pulled as hard as he could. The rope broke, and Haojia fell on his back. As he lay back he sighed, the moon was back in its place in the sky where it belonged.

He was very happy for the moon but the trouble for him was that now he did not have a long enough piece of rope to fill his bucket with water.

It is so often the case that we allow ourselves to get so caught up in running around doing things without really taking time to think things through. In the end, we find ourselves doing this and that and never doing anything to the best of our ability. Better to do one thing at a time to the very best of your worth and then you will not end up on your back chasing moons.

Have a fruitful day.





No comments:

Post a Comment