Wednesday 6 March 2019

Is it all in the mind?


I happened to see one of my friends' post yesterday, she was asking her friends, giving examples to aid them, whether she should go back to being Blonde or Auburn? Normally I would say nothing in such cases but I really could not resist just saying, "Just be as you are most artists would agree." 

I got a message back saying, "Thanks Ralph, but I am not ready to embrace the grey just yet." I should have known it, there are some things men stay well clear of and say nothing.

So I will say no more on the subject other than to repeat a little thought, be proud of who you are and always be positive about who you are. Now before any gives me a rant, which I may deserve, I am speaking more to myself than any other today.

The whole process of writing my translation and having to consider in depths the words of the Tao Te Ching and now writing my follow up where I have been trying to write just exactly what I thought those translated chapters was saying, has brought for me a very positive notion to much that I do. it has also made me aware of what is important and what not.

Shame I had not thought of that when I made my comment yesterday! I honestly did not mean to offend.

I remembered from somewhere at the back of this head of my something on a similar vein.

I read a story of two oncologists, talking about a test they had both been involved in. 

One complained bitterly, "You know, Bob, I just don't understand it. We used the same drugs, the same dosage, the same schedule and the same entry criteria. Yet I got a 22 per cent response rate and you got a 74 per cent. 

That's unheard of for metastatic cancer. How do you do it?"
His colleague replied, "We're both using Etoposide, Platinum, Oncovin and Hydroxyurea. 

You call yours EPOH.

 I tell my patients I'm giving them, Hydroxyurea, Oncovin Platinum and Hydroxyurea. 

I call it “HOPE.”

Auburn, Blonde or some grey?  Real beauty comes from the inner being and is seen by all it shines from the face and the eyes. 

Have a marvellous day and to my friend who is a lovely person, it is your call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment