Saturday 16 March 2019

Cats, Tails and Tales




I actually managed to get my second book completed only to discover that when I submitted to the publisher using their programme it insisted on cutting out all the paintings I had included and any text that was on a page with a painting disappeared also. I am therefore in their hands to when it will be ready. I have had to send them the original document for them to see how this can be overcome. Having spent so much time on this project I feel as if I am now just sitting chasing my tail waiting.

Speaking of tails, let me tell you about yesterday. I planted some new flowers in my garden. No sooner were they in when I looked out and saw a cat lying on top of them. I went out and chased it only to see it back in place ten minutes later. This went on for a good hour and more until at last, it got the message that it was not welcome in the garden if it was insisting on that particular spot.

This reminds me of the tale of the two cats. There were two cats a very young one and a very old one. One day the old cat watched as the young one chased its tail round and round in circles.

Eventually, the old cat purred the question. “Why are you chasing your tail all day?” The young cat responded, “Because it helps me to find happiness.” The old cat mused for a while and said, “ I used to think that also until I learned that no matter where I went my tail followed on anyway.”

The young cat continued to chase his tail. The old cat looked and purred and went off on his way.

Sure enough, as he left his tail followed him swishing away behind him. He looked very happy. 

Happiness is not found in chasing after it. If we get our lives in order happiness follows us.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment