Monday 22 February 2016

It is What You Really See That Matters


Structural Abstract.

Before I begin can I make comment on this painting. I have been working on this textured abstract for a bit, I am not sure if it is finished, or ever will be but i have put it on here today because it does kind of tie in with my thoughts.

I remember when I was a prison chaplain, I will not name the prison for obvious reasons. My wife and I were invited to a prison officers dance the week prior to Christmas. I had many friends among the officers and do I went well prepared. Immediately after the meal was over I went to the bar and purchased a pint of beer. For the rest of the evening until I went home I nursed this beer drinking hardly any of it all. During the course of the evening I was offered a beer by a large number of officers and each time my response was the same. " I am fine I already have one thank you very much." This was I went home sober.

Two days later on visiting the prison the first thing said to me was. "My minister you had a grand night.
 Every time I saw you , you had a full glass in front of you.
This reminds me of two stories.

The first is about a nun.

Sister Mary Ann, who worked for a home health agency, was out making her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of petrol. As luck would have it, a petrol station was just a about 200 yards  away.

She walked to the station to borrow a petrol can and buy some petrol. The attendant told her that the only petrol can he owned had been loaned out, but she could wait until it was returned. Since Sister Mary Ann was on the way to see a patient, she decided not to wait and walked back to her car.

She looked for something in her car that she could fill with petrol and spotted the bedpan she was taking to the patient. Always resourceful, Sister Mary Ann carried the bedpan to the station, filled it with petrol, and carried the full bedpan back to her car.
As she was pouring the petrol into her tank, two Presbyterians watched from across the street.
One of them turned to the other and said, "If it starts, I'm turning Catholic."

The second story.

A woman was flying from Melbourne to Brisbane. Unexpectedly, the plane was diverted to Sydney.
The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft the plane would re-board in 50 minutes..
Everybody got off the plane except one lady who was blind. A man had noticed her as he walked by and could tell the lady was blind because her guide dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of her throughout the entire flight.

He could also tell she had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached her, and calling her by name, said, "Kathy, we are in Sydney for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?"

The blind lady replied, "No thanks, but maybe Max would like to stretch his legs."

All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a guide dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses.
People scattered.
They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying to change airlines!
True story...have a great day and remember...
Things aren't always as they appear!. It is always wise to consider what you see and what you hear before jumping to conclusions about another person. False gossip and actions are so often the cause of much hurt and harm.


No comments:

Post a Comment