Tuesday 2 February 2016

Put a Tiger in Your Tank

Put a Tiger in Your Tank



The Tiger.

The heading for todays little thought is a blast from the past. This used to be the slogan for a well known petrol provider. Put a tiger in your tank. 

It was a slogan that was obviously very popular because it was used in many forms to express a number of thing. It became a bit like the other well known and even now still used, "I need time to recharge my batteries."

As you get older you being to realise that it is not so much a recharge I need but a replacement. Putting a tiger in my tank well that is another matter.

Gone are the days when I would run ten miles every day and a bit more at the weekends. I have not given up on exercise I just do it at a slower pace.

So I smiled and smiled when I read about this new to the market exercise regime. I thought yes this on top of my daily Tai Chi and my daily walk might just add that extra something.

Like all exercise regimes please read the following instructions very carefully.

It's never too late to start.

  • Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.
  • With a 5lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.
  • Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
  • After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb potato bags.
  • Then try 50lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)
  • After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.


As I warned go carefully and have a nice day and please smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment