Friday 5 February 2016

My Little Trouble Tree.




Dreams and Visions.

There are days when things just do not go the way you want them to, we all have them. Those days when things just never seem to work out. Decisions made have to be rethought or changed completely because of the changing circumstances of the day.

There are other days when things go very well and everything you touch just works out right. Those are the creative days of my life and I rejoice in the fact that I have a few of those.

Yesterday I was having one of those days when things just do not go right at all. So later as I headed off for my weekly meeting with my friends I was not feeling very positive at all. When I arrived at the meeting place somebody else was awaiting my arrival. This person wanted to purchase one of the paintings I had hanging in the  place. He really wanted it but could not afford the asking price and wondered if he could give me part payment and reserve the painting. having spoken with him I agreed to sell my painting to him and what he was offering as the down payment.

He left happy and I felt pleased that somebody who really wanted my art was able to take it home with him straight away.

This reminded me of the man who was having a really bad day at his work.


The  plumber  arrived at the house of the lady, to restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tyre made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient  van refused to start.
The owner  drove him home. He sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited her in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a hug.
Afterward he walked the lady to her car.

As they  passed the tree her curiosity got the better of her. She asked him about what she had seen him do earlier.
"Oh, that"s my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask the tree to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.
Funny thing is," he smiled," when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."

I recommend to everybody the purchase of a trouble tree or plant. I have one it stands in a large bowl and the gate and I have to pass it overtime I leave or return to the house. 

The painting on the blog today is the one the man took home with him yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment