Thursday, 24 December 2015

Please Take Note

Please Take Note



John Knox House Edinburgh.

The painting on todays blog is a pen and ink drawing of John Knox House in the Royal Mile Edinburgh. I went through a spell of doing such pen and ink drawings while having to spend a great deal of time sitting about after having my new ankle fitted.

Such painting makes you very aware of detail. This awareness often leads me to notice things I might not always pay attention to. One such things is what is written on items that I have purchased. The instructions for use are so often very amusing.

Yesterday I took delivery of a little clip on lens for use with my phone. The instructions said fit to phone before use. Rather obvious I would have thought.

Here are some others.

1.  On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.
                 ( and that's the just the  time I would want to work on my hair).

2.  On a bag of Fritos: ..You could be a winner! No purchase necessary.Details inside.
                (the shoplifter special)? 

3.  On a bar of  soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
                (and that would be how???....)  

4.  On some  frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
                 (but, it's "just" a suggestion). 

5.  On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down."
                 (well...duh, a bit late, huh)! 
 
6.  On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts."
                 (talk about a news flash) 

7.  On a Swedish chainsaw:"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands." 
                 (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

I could go on there are so many more but I will leave you to have a look for yourself. Good searching.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you again my dear friend! Much love in our birthday time of year, and thanks for the laughter as well as the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you again my dear friend! Much love in our birthday time of year, and thanks for the laughter as well as the beauty.

    ReplyDelete