Thursday 24 December 2015

Please Take Note

Please Take Note



John Knox House Edinburgh.

The painting on todays blog is a pen and ink drawing of John Knox House in the Royal Mile Edinburgh. I went through a spell of doing such pen and ink drawings while having to spend a great deal of time sitting about after having my new ankle fitted.

Such painting makes you very aware of detail. This awareness often leads me to notice things I might not always pay attention to. One such things is what is written on items that I have purchased. The instructions for use are so often very amusing.

Yesterday I took delivery of a little clip on lens for use with my phone. The instructions said fit to phone before use. Rather obvious I would have thought.

Here are some others.

1.  On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.
                 ( and that's the just the  time I would want to work on my hair).

2.  On a bag of Fritos: ..You could be a winner! No purchase necessary.Details inside.
                (the shoplifter special)? 

3.  On a bar of  soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
                (and that would be how???....)  

4.  On some  frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
                 (but, it's "just" a suggestion). 

5.  On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down."
                 (well...duh, a bit late, huh)! 
 
6.  On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts."
                 (talk about a news flash) 

7.  On a Swedish chainsaw:"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands." 
                 (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

I could go on there are so many more but I will leave you to have a look for yourself. Good searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment