Wednesday 23 December 2015

Just a Little Information Please.

Just a Little Information Please.



Can I Tempt You.

The painting was one of my early paintings of my own hand. A little play on an idea. There never was an apple mentioned in the story this painting points back to. How often we do this put our own thoughts into a story. Reinterpret to suit our own ends.

I was in hospital at this time two years ago. Had a serious infection in the wound from an ankle replacement operation. How I just wished that when I asked for information I had been just told the real story and not some half story.

It reminded me of a funny little story that I am told had a fair bit of truth in it.

The Grandmother and the Hospital.


A sweet grandmother telephoned Kirkcaldy Hospital.  She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?" 

The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, Dear.  What's the name and ward number?" 

The grandmother in her weak tremulous voice said, "Holly Bell, ward  3.

The Operator replied, "Let me check.  Oh, good news.  Her record says that Holly is doing very well.  Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged Tuesday."

 The Grandmother said, "Thank you.  That's wonderful!  I was so worried!  God bless you for the good news."

 The operator replied, "You're more than welcome.  Is Holly your daughter?"

 The Grandmother said, "No, I'm Holly Bell  in ward 3.   Nobody hear tells me anything."

A bit of straight talking never does any harm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment