Saturday 29 April 2017

The Old Guy.


I have been captivated by the faces of older people. Only because I tried to do a self portrait while looking at my own old face on my computer screen. I really did not realise just how old I was beginning to look. Needless to say I gave up and turned my attention to this old man.
Old age is something we all have to face up to, it happens, not a thing we can do about it. But we can learn from the years we have had and make those we still have that bit better. 
Now what might I change?
I would not say everything that I think, but I would definitely think everything that I say.
I would value things not for how much they are worth but rather for what they mean.
I would sleep little, dream more. I know that for each minute that we close our eyes we lose sixty seconds of light.
I would walk when the others loiter; I would awaken when the others sleep.
I would listen when the others speak, and how I would enjoy a good  ice cream, ( I do that anyway.)
 With my tears I would water the roses, to feel the pain of their thorns and the incarnated kiss of their petals.
 I wouldn't let a single day go by without saying to people I love, that I love them.
I would prove to the men how mistaken they are in thinking that they no longer fall in love when they grow old -- not knowing that they grow old when they stop falling in love.  
To a child I would give wings, but I would let him learn how to fly by themselves. To the old I would teach that death comes not with old age but with forgetting. 
 I have learned that everybody wants to live at the top of the mountain without realising that true happiness lies in the way we climb the slope.
I have learned that when a newborn first squeezes his father's finger in his tiny fist, he has caught him forever.
I have learned that a man only has the right to look down on another man when it is to help him to stand up. 
I have learned so many things , but in the end most of it will be no use if I do not make it useful.

Have a marvellous day. Football and golf for me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment