Wednesday 9 November 2016

The Jigsaw.



We do indeed live in strange times and it looks like it might indeed get stranger.  During the summer I awoke to hear the news that we had voted to leave Europe. This morning I awake to learn that the next president of the USA will be Mr Trump. Now I am not going into the why or wherefore of those two events this is not the place. 

I will just repeat myself when I say we live in strange times. For the past few months Mr Trump has been the butt of many a joke in the UK well it seems that we are going to have four years of living with him as the most powerful man in the world and it s=does not any longer seem like a joke.

Maybe we will have to go back to making jokes about other people. Yesterday somebody tried to tell me the joke about the famous footballer who was very exited that he had managed to complete a jigsaw and it had only taken him two weeks, yet it said on the box for three to six months.

This reminded me of a similar tale I heard. 

A young man  called his  girlfriend and said, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure it out or how to get it started." 

His girlfriend asked, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?" 

The man said, "According to the picture on the box, it's a tiger."
 
The girlfriend decided to go over and help with the puzzle.
 
He let her in and showed her where he had the puzzle spread all over the table.
 
She studied the pieces for a moment, then looked at the box. 

She turned to him and said, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger. 

She took his hand and said, "Second, I want you to relax. 

Let's have a nice cup of hot chocolate and then............", she sighed, "Let's put all these frosted flakes back in the box."

Hope you have a wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment