Tuesday 7 May 2019

Out of the mouths of babes.



Oh, Deer.

My determination to do two things before I present myself at the hospital for my ankle operation was to get all of the article's thoughts and meditations written, for my latest book.  I am also aware that I will not be able to hit any golf balls for a few weeks after my operation, so have been trying to play a few extra rounds prior to my date.

Writing this book has taken me back in so many ways to my days as a minister. The subtitle of the book is, "Reflections from a Ministry," so it would do just that. 

This has not always been as simple as it sounds. It has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Memories keep flooding back into my mind and I have had to be careful not to allow them to cloud what it is I am actually working on.

I could not resist sharing these thoughts with you, some I think may have crept in before but they are worthy of a smile or two.

Some of the things children have said over the years in response to questions asked of them.

The first book of the Bible is Guinessis, in which Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree.

Noah had a wife, her name was Joan of Ark.

Lot also had a wife who could not have been much fun because she was a pillar of salt.

Samson was a mighty warrior who killed the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.

Unleavened bread is very falt because it is made without ingredients.

Moses brought down the ten commandments from the mountain called Mount Cyanide.

Joshua let the Hebrew in the battle of Geritol.


Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate contraption.

The 7th commandment is 'Thou shalt not admit adultery.'  

David fought the Finkelsteins, a race of people who lived in Biblical times.

Solomon has 300 wives and 700 porcupines.

The people who followed Jesus were called the 13 decibels.

The Epistles were the wives of the Apostles.

Paul preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.

A Godly person should have only one wife. This is called monotony.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment