Monday 18 February 2019

What you say, says what you are.


YesterdayI walked for ten miles at Loch Leven in Scotland a beautiful place to walk.  In the course of the walk, I almost encountered all four seasons. I had sun then wind and rain completed with the stillness of a spring sky. My heart rejoiced in the wonder of it all. Birds are encouraged by the managed edges of the loch and the forest areas. So I enjoyed the song of a large variety of birds beginning to make ready for spring.
Being at one with nature has always been very important to me, being at one with the people I meet equally so. I tried so hard to bring my children up in this knowledge and it fills me with joy to see them enjoying nature and walking as much as I do. It also makes me feel proud to know that honesty and truth plays such a great part in their lives.
I was thinking this as I walked feeling at peace and at one with the world, because earlier in the day I had twice heard somebody say, “ A little lie never did anybody any harm.”  

They had been talking about a recent event on our news where a well-known figure was seen to tell an obvious lie during a speech. A lie he did not need to tell, but one that came so easily. 
It reminded me of the story of the man and his two sons.
It was a sunny Saturday afternoon and a father was taking his two little boys to play miniature golf. He walked up to the gentleman at the ticket counter and said, "How much is it to get on?"
The man replied, "£1.00 for you and £1.00 for any child who is older than six. Children are admitted free if they are six or younger. How old are they?"
The father replied, "The lawyer's three and the doctor is seven, so I guess I owe you £2.00."
The man at the ticket counter said, "Hey, Mister, did you just win the lottery or something? You could have saved yourself £1. You could have told me that the older one was six; I wouldn't have known the difference." 

The father thought then replied, "Yes, that may be true, but my children would have known the difference."
As the wise man said, "Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." 

In challenging times when ethics are more important than ever before, it is wise to set a good example for everyone you come into contact with, and for those around you.

Have a marvellous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment