Thursday 23 February 2017

Its getting better.


I had a very frustrating day yesterday. My motorhome  was due to have its service and the internal working such as gas and electrics had to have the annual check. This involved a long journey to the place where I got my motorhome, a five hour wait while the work was done and the return journey home.

The journey home became a nightmare getting caught in the rush hour traffic and miles of road repairs and diversions.

I was telling my friend last night of the terrible day and the roadworks. His reply was so straightforward I smiled. "It will be so much better once it is all done."

I thought, "Yes just like the last time they did it just over a year ago.

We live in an age when we are constantly being told the life is getting better. There is never a single day that some politician tells us, "Life has never been better." 

 But think about it. 

It seems to me that,

We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers, wider roads but narrow viewpoints, we spend much more but enjoy it much less.

We have more and more convenience gadgets, but much less time.

More and more people have degrees but there seems to be less common sense. 

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.

We have learned how to make a living, but lost how to make a life. We have added years to life, but not life to the years.

We have managed to reach the moon, but forgotten how to cross the street to help a neighbour.

We have all those computers that hold so much more information, mobile phones that can do so much, but in the end we have less communication become long on quantity and short on quality.  We text not talk. 

There is so much in the the show window and nothing in the stockroom.

Yes it will be better when it is all done! Now why do I just not believe that.

End of my rant for today. I hope there was one little thing there to give you a thought for today.

Have a marvellous day. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment