Tuesday 31 May 2016

It is precious.

Along the Way.

I was out walking this morning enjoying the beautiful views of the snow capped Pyrenees in the distance. It is marvellous to be out walking the routes I was running two years ago, how I wish I was still running them, but making the very best of enjoying the beauty around me.

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to pass two walkers I had seen most mornings two years ago. Even more pleased when they immediately spoke to me showing that they remembered me from the past. They will not be aware just how much their morning greeting brought to my day. We never do know the effect we have on the people we meet in life, so it is always worth the time to pass on positive and good thoughts, even when we may ourselves be having a notes good day.

It is indeed the wise person who spreads most goodness.

A wise woman who was travelling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. 

The next day she met another traveller who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food.

The hungry traveller saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. 
The traveller left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.  
A few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.
"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Please share with me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone without hesitation."
The wise woman laughed. "Young man, there is nothing more for me to share with you. By returning the stone you have shown that you already have what is most precious, within yourself as well. 
Your heart is open, and  you give without thought."
Who might you meet today, and what might you give?



No comments:

Post a Comment